METHODICAL AWAKENING: early mornings

METHODICAL AWAKENING: early mornings
a post on my early morning escapades



What could happen on a Monday morning?

A night before October 6 of 2008, I rushed a review for my Chem 153 (Physical Chemistry I) 3rd Exam. By 10:50 PM, according to my plurk, i finished reading the last topic on Colligative Properties of binary solutions. I brushed my teeth until it bleeds. Then, I flossed methodically then gargled Listerine. Fresher breath, hoping that nobody would complain about it. Set the alarm clock for 5:00 AM.

Before I closed my eyes i grabbed a rosary and prayed the Glorious Mysteries. It is a rare moment, for i always end my day with a short-made prayer. I remembered well, what my mother used to say about praying the rosary: it can lift you from unimaginable circumstances. So i prayed in solemn voice. The sweetness of humid midnight air entered my room . The illuminating chamber looked laid back and distilled with sweat. The room was empty. My roommate slept at Kuya Vince's room. In the absence of a ventilating fan i still manage to fan myself with my rainbow-colored 'pamaypay'. So I slept.

Sleeping til dawn, i was thinking hard and praying to God to make the day remarkable and fulfilling. I woke up at exactly five without my alarm clock ringing. I felt divine, or uplifted, as if someone woke me up from deep sleep, a voice. And so i checked my face in the mirror hoping it was okay. The light from the street lamp glowed while the semi-quasi darkness succumbed empty spaces outside Ipil. A dark red velvet covered the constellations.





A view of my early morning from my window.



I strolled down at Laurel Ave.

The parish, still asleep.
The streets, empty.
The sun was at it's breaking point.




Scenes from my early mornings at U.P.

---------------------------------------------------------
"The moment when you first wake up in the morning
is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours.
No matter how weary or dreary you may feel,
you possess the certainty that,
during the day that lies before you,
absolutely anything may happen.
And the fact that it practically always doesn't,
matters not a jot.
The possibility is always there.

----Monica Baldwin (1893-1975)
---------------------------------------------------------


Ciao! Godbless!