Sunday Morning Madness

hodgepodge


a scene from Lodge Kerrigan's Clean, Shaven [1993]


It's Sunday morning, I couldn't sleep nor i couldn't talk that much. I have just watched a disturbing but beautiful film Clean, Shaven (1993) by Lodge Kerrigan. It throws me out of my seat and locked my jaw like a zombie, if that is the best way to put it.

(READ Dennis Lim's analysis)

***

Ipil Residence Hall, my dormitory, just finished celebrating its semester ender with a cocktail party. I managed to consume six glasses of Vodka concentrated pineapple juice (or Pineapple juice concentrated Vodka whichever you put it) It's alcohol so i blogged about it.

***



Fable [link], a computer RPG, is taking over my life. I had been planning to watch films for the whole weekend but i did not. I should have watched...

1) Magnificent Ambersons (Orson Welles, 1942)
2) Chunking Express (Wong Kar-Wai, 1994)
3) M (Fritz Lang, 1931)
4) Michael (Charles Th. Dreyer, 1929) - (I still haven't got hold of this. It's my first silent film)

What i have watched recently:

1) Happy Together (Wong Kar-Wai, 1997)
2) In the Mood for Love (Wong Kar-Wai, 2000)
3) Clean, Shaven (Lodge Kerrigan, 1993)
4) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Michel Gondry, 2004)
5) Pan's Labyrinth (Guillermo del Toro, 2006)
6) El Orfanato (Guillermo del Toro, 2007)
7) Motorcycle Diaries (Walter Salles, 2004)
8) Let the Right One In (Tomas Alfredson, 2008)

In any case i would still watched the film that i mentioned above today. Gosh! it's 3 PM and Manuel is dozing off at my bed.

***

Lec said awhile ago: "Movies are a good investment." and i don't know what he really meant by that.

***
March 29, 2009 - Say goodbye to the Dormitory LAN internet. Say hello to WIFI-at-the-lobby internet. Such a pain in the ass!


Good night!
zzzzzzzzzzz
***