THESES ON JEAN-LUC GODARD!

...or heaven!


Breathless...

Boujour! Catherine Grant of Film Studies for Free has just illuminated a couple of links at her blog concerning some PhD Theses on Jean-Luc Godard, one of my favorite directors of all time. This is equivalent to my recent enlightenment on the filmic aspects of Andrei Tarkovsky after reading some pages of Films by Andrei Tarkovsky: A Visual Fugue by Vida Johnson and Graham Petrie, because, as we all know Andrei Tarkovsky is an auteurist as hardball as Godard. Whenever I encounter Godard I sense cinema lurking somewhere. hmmm... I was thinking the other day of making a shirt design dedicated to him, purely minimalist, JEAN-LUC GODARD, a black print on white, what 'ya think? Anyway, i think it is cheap as hell, so let us put it on the garbage bin.

Go dig in for Godard's sake!!! (reposting links from Catherine...)

1) Gary Elshaw, 'The Depiction of late 1960's Counter Culture in the 1968 Films of Jean-Luc Godard', MA e-thesis, Victoria University of Wellington, November 2000


2) Douglas Morrey, Jean-Luc Godard and the other history of cinema. PhD e-thesis, University of Warwick, 2002

3)Thibaut Schilt, 'Marginal Pleasure and Auteurist Cinema: the Sexual Politics of Robert Bresson, Jean-Luc Godard, Catherine Breillat and François Ozon', PhD e-thesis, Ohio State University 2005



***

VONYA I MIR for Adrian Danilovich Mendizabal




Tolstoy in his deathbed...


Recently I decided to put back Anna Karenina on the shelf and decided to start on War and Peace (1869). I hope this venture on long literature pieces will not be a waste of time. War and Peace is over a thousand pages, why am I doing this? But anyway, I wanted to do a 'meditative' reading on Tolstoy wherein everyday I dedicate at least a hundred pages of thorough and, as much as possible, uninterrupted reading on the book. War and Peace is a complex epic of a group of Russian families during the Napoleonic war. I began reading August 25, i hope i will finish by mid September.

Meanwhile, enjoy this clip from Death in the Land of Encantos (2006).



This was shot somewhere at my province, Bicol Region,
here in the Philippines.
***