Spinoza, Wittgenstein and Nietzsche

...i miss them...



Before I ever engaged on film studies, I was totally immersed in philosophy. I am and always have been in love with it. A field of inquiry that connects everything that we see and do not. A peak, a zenith of every human understanding, the closest to truth and furthest from mental and metaphysical blunder, the meaning of one's life, P-H-I-L-O-S-O-P-H-Y. Marvin, you know my work on this. Even though i have shifted from field to field, from theoretical physics to literature to philosophy to film studies, what remains in my sun-colored Barcelona diary from December 2006 - September 2008 are my multi-colored thoughts, scattered in all directions, here and there, up then down, reflecting on the whole expanse of the history of philosophy, and the metaphysical truth of my existence.

I miss them so much. They are such philosophers who all wanted in life is to encompass the totality of reality, and the unreality which continuously blurs it.

--------------------
Fun Facts:

This is how Spinoza proves the existence of God taken from Part I: Concerning God of his magnum opus, Ethics.

"The potentiality of non-existence is a negation of power, and contrariwise the potentiality of existence is a power, as is obvious. If, then, that which necessarily exists is nothing but finite beings, such finite beings are more powerful than a being absolutely infinite, which is obviously absurd ; therefore, either nothing exists, or else a being absolutely infinite necessarily exists also. Now we exist either in ourselves, or in something else which necessarily exists (see Axiom. i. and Prop. vii.). Therefore a being absolutely infinite-in other words, God (Def. vi.)—necessarily exists."
--------------------

Ciao!
***