My Secret, my Obsession, my Life! | Claire Denns on Ozu

... this is to publicize some of the hidden treasures kept in my dorm room...


From left to right: (1) A Biographical Dictionary of Film 3rd ed (1994) by David Thomson, (2) Research stuff, (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) My priceless film notebooks where my thoughts about certain films left untouched, includes my notes on local premiers of Filipino art films, (9) Breaking the Glass Armour (1988) by Kristin Thompson, (10) Poetics of Cinema (2007) by David Bordwell, (11) Journal 1 [2007 - 2008], (12) A New Cinema: French New Wave, collection of criticisms by Nouvelle Vague filmmakers, (13, 14) Bounded filmbooks (untitled), (15) The Filmmaker's Handbook by Steven Ascher and Edward Pincus, (16) American History/American Film edited by John O'Connor, (17) Film Script of Jean Renoir's The Rules of the Game (1939) in English, (18) Masculinities by RW Connell, (19) The Classical Hollywood Cinema by Bordwell et al, (20) Film Art, 5th Ed by David Bordwell and Kristin Thompson, (21) Diary 2 [2008 - onwards], (22) Anatomy of Film 3rd ed. by Bernard Dick, (23, 24) Bounded film books [untitled].



-------------------



A Slice of my Chemical Engineering Life : (L-R) (1) New American Bible, mini-version, my most favorite version, (2, 3, 4) Blue feather notebooks for my majors, (5) Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics by SVA, (6) Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering by McCabe (7) Chemical Reaction Engineering by Levenspeil, (8) Perry's Chemical Engineer's Handbook 8th ed. by Robert Perry.


---------------------



My Life: (L-R) (1) Soul Mountain by Gai Xingjian, (2) The Age of Reason by Jean-Paul Sartre, (3) A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man & Dubliners by James Joyce, (4) Ulysses by James Joyce, (5) The Waves by Virginia Woolf, (6) Mrs. Dalloway by Woolf, (7) My very old Concise Oxford Dictionary, (8) A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrund Russell.


-------------------------


Some supplements: (L-R) (1) Brokeback Mountain Screenplay, (2) My new Film notebook, (3) Orson Welles Biography, (4) Moby-Dick by Herman Melville, (5) My Starbucks Planner, (6) Jackson's Dilemma by Iris Murdoch, (7) Fact in Fiction by Joan Rockwell.


***

from Stanford

Pulling an all-nighter, hope i don't look like a vegetable tomorrow! zzzzzzzzzzzz......

Ciao!
***

Claire Dennis on Yasujiro Ozu.


I had the same reaction.

Ciao!
***