HALLOWEEN(1978)
a commentary



December 10, 2008

I met Jared, Crozet and Thor to talk about an e-Publication for my organization, PSYSC. I am excited as hell. Considering how busy my schedule is, and the propensity of my report on my BIO 1 subject, i took the job. It is a considerable and innate choice, well, this is a good way to kill time aside from my blogging escapades. At least this time i get my works published in a more legitimate way, with all the editing and lay-outing. I absolutely like the idea.

With much enthusiasm i suggested to do a column or a page in the culture section that would talk about films and series. It is a great idea indeed since the e-paper have just been revived after 9 months of stagnant immobility. It's a year-end issue which, i would be happy to announce, will also be published or linked to this blog. PERFECT!

E-Catalyst is an electronic publication, usually in .pdf format, addressed to ECATS(volunteers, official members of the organization), focuses on recent updates of past org activities and aimed to provide a good read for the ECATS. It's an internal publication but open for all.



HALLOWEEN(1978)




Popcorn, anyone? Well, fellow cinephiles, i made this post to show you how i dissect movie clips, though the word 'dissect' may not categorically apply to literally using a knife and slashing the Blu-ray disc into infinite proportions. Nevertheless, i like the idea. Most of you do not know that, aside from 'auteur' films, i have been a big fan of slasher films ever since i was toddler. Thank God i did not become Norman Bates, or Patrick Bateman, or the infamous killer of this film, Mike Myers. I might have watched the film a bit late but it's a fun way to celebrate the Christmas holidays, wouldn't you agree?

Perhaps, to understand slasher flicks is to dwell and explore the mysteries of the fluidity of fear in camera canvas.

Check out my 'dissections
' :