Sick and Immobile

A short commentary



I'm sick. I wish this would go away. my antibiotic is way too expensive. I am resting in my bed now though i'm still rushing school requirements for next week. I feel dizzy. And couldn't concentrate much. I haven't eaten a proper meal. I rely on fruits and noodles. I really need to get back in shape.

Anyway, i saw three films lately:

1) Let the Right One In (Tomas Alfredson, 2008)
2) In the Mood for Love (Wong Kar-Wai, 2000)
3) Motorcycle Diaries (Walter Salles, 2004)

All of them portray different cinematic experiences. Alfredson's Let the Right One In is explosively shocking for the violent scenes. The shock value is comparable to Gus Van Sant's Elephant (2003). It was really good.

Wong Kar-Wai's In the Mood for Love blown me away with its precision for grace. the story unfolds in a gradual and meticulously graceful manner. It's a great film, aesthetically brilliant.

Motorcycle Diaries might be the strongest of the three. I particularly admire how Salles depicted Che with such humanity and sensitivity. Of course i commend Gael Garcia Bernal for his precision. I never saw an actor so talented as him.

I will leave you with a wonderful song from Motorcyle Diaries, Al ontro lado del rio by J. Drexler. This won best song at the Oscars last 2004.




Al ontro lado del rio by J. Drexler.

xxxxxxxxxx