SLEEPLESS in HELL!

a short commentary

Becoming senseless and lethargic on a Tuesday morning, when the birds chirp (pretty annoying) and cats barked at you in the lobby and an awful sound from the other room. I just can't concentrate on my last and final paper to edit for mg English 10. Sitting here alone in the lobby, waiting for the dew to drop on me and insisting that The Cranberries was the hottest rock band of the 90s. I don't really know why i included Hiroshima Mon Amour (1959) in this senseless blog post. Well, i just got four sets of DVD today, i mean yesterday. It includes Hiroshima, of course.

1) Hiroshima Mon Amour (Alain Resnais, 1959)
2) Shoot that Piano Player (Francois Truffaut, 1960)
3) The Piano (Jane Campion, 1993) [it shared Palme D'Or with Farewell My Concubine (1993) at Cannes]
4) Studio Ghibli Pack which includes significant Takahata and Miyazaki works.

This is my Lenten Pack. I think my younger cousins, ages 2 years old to sixteen years old will appreciate the Studio Ghibli pack and rest would just be my viewing pleasure unless my mother would insist or my father or my grandma or my aunt or my other aunt.



ULYSSES

I just started reading (again, for a try) ULYSSES by James Joyce, to what Anthony Bugress and the rest of English Literature declared as "the greatest book of the century." I started reading at Starbucks yesterday (technically speaking). I ordered a hot Caramel Macchiato Venti and a Danish at around 12 o'clock, supposed to be my lunch but i didn't feel like eating so i had coffee at the 'best coffee house in town.' To my own surprise i find James Joyce enjoyable that Virginia Woolf.

My recent purchase of books includes:

1) A Portrait of A Young Man as An Artist d/w Dubliners (James Joyce, P313.00)
2) Ulysses (Hans Gabler Edition) (James Joyce, P616.00)
3) The Second Common Reader (Virginia Woolf, P280)

Okay, P1000+ pesos for books only. I hope these would not end up in closet cabinet again. Especially ULYSSES which i have been dying to read.

Ciao!



***********